God's Word says you can be assured of your eternal life and that you should be assured of your eternal life.
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. --1 John 5:13
Do you know for sure that you have eternal life, as the verse above promises? Thinking, hoping, and wishing for eternal life is not enough...God wants you to believe and receive eternal life as a free gift of God. How?
ADMIT that you are not perfect and that you have sin in your life. Many think that because they have lived a good life, they are going to heaven. But the Bible says something quite different.
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. --Rom. 3:23
- For the wages of sin is death...--Rom. 6:23
- Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law...for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. --Gal. 2:16
Admit that you cannot get to heaven without God's help. When you admit to sin, you also agree that you must turn away from your sins. The Bible calls this repentance.
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. --Acts 3:19
BELIEVE that Jesus' death on the cross is enough to save us. Belief is not just head-knowledge. It is putting our trust in what God did by sending us His Son to take our punishment of sin on the cross.
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. --John 3:16
- For by grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourselves it is a gift of God, not of works that no one should boast. --Eph. 2:8-9
If you are trusting in anything else other than Jesus' death, burial and resurrection, then you are not truly trusting in Jesus Christ to save you.True belief, that is,saving faith, leads you to trust God alone for your salvation.
(Click here to see 40 verses from virtually every book of the New Testament which say it is FAITH that saves us.)
CALL to God and ask Him to come into your life as your Savior. As you commit your life to God, He begins to help you change your life to please God.
- How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? -- Rom. 10:14
- For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. --Rom. 10:13
- And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved. --Acts 2:21
- Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me. --Rev. 3:20
- As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become a child of God, even to those who believe in His name.--John 1:12
- And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins,callingon the name of the Lord. --Acts 22:6
- For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. --Rom. 10:12
Have you ever called on God to commit your life to Him? Are you willing to admit you have sinned? Do you believe Jesus died on the cross to takeaway your punishment for sin? If so, call to God in prayer and tell Him that you would like Jesus to come in to your life and live with you forever.
Pray this prayer: "Dear Lord, I admit I have sinned. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for me to take away my sin. I confess my trust in You to give me eternal life. Come into my life and help me to live for You. Changemein how I think and how I live. I give my life to You. In Jesus name. Amen."
If you have prayed that prayer for the first time, write me and let me know. My email is email@example.com
Receiving eternal life is not the end, it is the beginning. That's why they call it being "born again." Your physical life began with a physical birth and will end with a physical death. Your spiritual life began with a spiritual birth and will never end. That's why it's called eternal life.Just as there is more to physical life than just simply being born, there's more to your spiritual, eternal life than simply praying a prayer asking Christ to forgive you. It'sa brand new start.
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. --2 Cor. 5:17
- Jesus answered and said to him,"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3
- "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life"--John 5:24